This International Women’s Day, we’re celebrating the achievements of women and honouring the 2023 theme ‘embrace equity’.
One of the missions of the IWD community that we closely resonate with at Red Office is “to forge inclusive work cultures where women’s careers thrive and their achievements are celebrated.”
It’s something that truly embodies how we want to be at Red Office and have been on this pathway for many years now.
- Everyone has the same opportunity and resources for training and professional development.
- Flexible work arrangements – we’re family friendly and understand the importance of having that work-life balance with a mix of office and work from home arrangements in place.
- Mental health programmes are available and shared throughout the team if/when they want to use them.
- We introduced a Growth Pathway scheme for our bookkeepers in 2021 for anyone who wants to move into team leader roles. This supports women wanting to move into leadership positions and external training and development programmes are offered for this.
- Achievements and milestones are celebrated through a company-wide announcement, and any certificates are framed and hung on the wall.
- Careers can thrive – quarterly polls are sent out to all staff who can complete these anonymously with their feedback on how things are tracking for them. We’ll take this feedback into account and incorporate new processes if required.
- We utilise the same standards for all staff when conducting performance reviews and awarding promotions. There’s no discrimination.
- A mentoring program for new starters was established, ensuring equal access for all staff
- Exit interviews are conducted with employees to record valuable information that can be used to improve our workplace in the future.
Its essential our team feel acknowledged, respected, encouraged to participate, and valued for their unique perspectives. It is by understanding the experiences each of our team have that leads to our overall goal for success.
Some benefits we’ve seen by embracing this stance are better decision making and problem solving, improved morale and an increase in motivation.
Our long term goal is to create a business where all employees thrive.
We’re happy to say this is something we continue to focus on to improve and ensure all staff here are provided with the resources to be the best they can be.
To read more on International Women’s Day visit their website, perhaps it could spark some inspiration for you?